This weekend was a crazy weekend!
Friday was the usual day. I worked until 8pm, and then we went off to the German Club. My schedule is changing, and I'm losing a student at the end of February but its ok because it means that I will finish Friday's a little earlier at 7pm, and that gives me more of an evening with Stephan, whatever we are doing. I asked them not to fill the gap with another student. Thursdays and Fridays are long enough, and I won't mind that extra hour off.
Saturday annoyed me a bit. I have a jersey that is autographed, and I went to wear it last week and noticed a stain on it. So I searched high and low for a cleaner that could spot-remove the stain, and found one. The owner was going to take care of it himself. I dropped it off to them on Wednesday, and they said I could pick it up on Saturday. I called Saturday morning and asked what time it would be ready, and they informed me "noon". I arrived at 12:30 to pick up my jersey, and was informed that they hadn't even started it and that the owner had left for the weekend and would be back on Tuesday and that my jersey would be ready for MAYBE Wednesday, MAYBE Thursday. I promptly took my jersey back and informed they I would never be needing their services. I was not impressed, and found it highly unprofessional. Luckily, I found some stuff at the grocery store that seems to have helped with the stain. YAY!.
I came home from the dry cleaner and started dinner in the slow cooker - the beef beer stew I made a few weeks ago. And then it was time for church! This week we had church service on a Saturday night at 5pm, instead of Sunday morning, which meant I got to sleep in! I came home from church to the slow cooker dinner (yummy), and then we went out and rented the first two Lord of the Ring movies.
Sunday we slept in (2 days in a row! this never happens for me!), and then I had to rewatch the movies, because I feel asleep during them on Saturday night. Sunday Stephan also told me what my surprise was, which you can read in my previous post! Sunday was a nice relaxing day, I stayed in my PJ's all day. It felt great!
How was your weekend?
No comments:
Post a Comment