Monday, February 28, 2011

weekend recap

Well, considering I spent half the weekend sick the weekend turned out pretty good!

Like I mentioned earlier, I was sick. I came home early from work Friday, cancelled my piano students and then slept for 4.5 hours. Stephan was a great, and before he headed out to the German club he got me bread (to make toast) and gingerale. I had a relaxing night while Stephan was out, watching Rent on tv. Love that movie, great musical!

The day before I had had a big virus on my computer, which Stephan had gotten rid of for me. So I decided to back up my files on this special back-up usb stick my dad had bought me. I already had some stuff on there, so there ended up not being enough room for everything. So I was going through trying to delete some stuff off of the usb, and I somehow ended up deleting EVERYTHING off of my computer! A friend found me a program to recover my files, and I got most of my pictures back.

I slept in Saturday, and when I woke up I discovered that I was feeling much better than the day before! However, Stephan warned me that I still wasn't feeling 100%, so to take it easy for the day. Which I did, no chores. We went grocery shopping, and that was really all I did errand wise. Stephan went out with the boys on Saturday evening for UFC night, and I stayed in. I was quite tired by the end of the day, so I rented a movie and ordered some Swiss Chalet, since I was finally able to eat again.

I started going through my pictures that I recovered, they all have to be re-organized into files. BOO! It said my documents were recovered, but they weren't. I tried to open them and they were all corrupted, which meant my church schedules I had made for the choir and congregation hymns were all gone. So, I had to re-do the entire month's schedule, including re-making the spread sheet for them. Luckily, I had just applied for a job (a little out of my field, so I probably won't get an interview), so my resume and cover letter were still on my hotmail and I was able to get them back through there! If I had had to re-do my teaching resume and cover letter, I would have cried. So much time and work went into those!

Sunday I had church in the morning, and I had planned a nice pork roast for dinner so I got that ready and in the slow cooker before I left. After church, I was looking through some fliers and saw a drawer-unit for sale. We've been looking for one to put near our closet, to hold our scarves and hats and stuff. This one was a super good price, 5 drawers with wicker baskets. So we went out and grabbed it real quick. I spent some time organizing our things, and since I no longer needed the basket that I HAD been storing our stuff in, I transferred it to our closet to organize my purses. Now it looks so much neater!

We had a yummy pork roast dinner while watching the Oscars. And that was our weekend!

Seriously..the slow cooker is becoming my favourite kitchen toy.

As well, my throat is still sore from being sick and I have a stupid cough now. I'm also losing my voice, I sound so bad!

2 comments: