Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Catching up with the Canadiens

Well, the All-star game is over. FINALLY. Not a fan. I think its a waste of time, I think it potentially results in injuries that affect the REAL season. I think its not worth the hype. So I'm happy hockey started back up last night.

Last night we played Washington. Washington scored twice in the first 10 minutes of the first period, and thus ensued a horrible first period for the Habs. They were all over the place, just horrible all around. The only highlight was watching Ovechkin lose his temper, he couldn't control it and it resulted in several penalties, including a slashing penalty at the end of the first.
Second period the Habs seemed to come back a bit, and they tied the game up (both goals by Gionta). And then we went into a very long, scoreless 3rd period. And into overtime it went! I was so hoping we would score in the OT, because I was dreading a shoot-out. We SUCK at shoot-outs, we can't score. But, low and behold into the shoot-out it went...and miracle of miracles....we won! Gionta scored the winning goal, so what a night for him! Starting to like him as a captain...though never as much as Koivu!

Gomez was Gomez. An idiot, and half-useless. Seriously, this guy has got to go. Think of all the cap space we could free up with his ridiculous salary gone!!

Over all though, this win just shows how much more work is needed. We've dropped down to 7th, and its coming to a critical point of if we'll even make the playoffs now or not. The Habs have got to step it up, there is no more time to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment