Last night the Habs played in Boston, and what a WILD GAME! Good lord, I thought I was gonna die of stress!
The first period started off horrible! HORRIBLE! The Bruins scored two goals about 20 seconds apart (ahh!!!), out-shot us 18-8 (how surprising *sarcasm*) and they gained two powerplays on us (and guess WHO gave them one of the powerplays? That's right..GOMEZ. geesh). Right at the end of the period, while boston was on a powerplay, there was a brutal hit on Hamrlik (by Lucic I think? that dang goon), he had to be helped slowly back to the bench.
Second period, where do I start?! In a matter of about 6 minutes, 7 goals were scored. 7!!!! In total, 8 goals were scored in the second period, 6-4 for Boston. What a mess second period was! Not only that, the game was super agressive. Boston was really initiating a lot of stuff, and pushing the boundary line as far as they could. Montreal responded back with quite a physical game (which is awesome, considering Habs are known for being a fast team, not a physical team). Subban, Pyatt, Moen...EVERYONE got in on the action. MASSIVE fight in the 2nd period, that saw gloves, sticks and helmets all over the ice. What was even more shocking was that Thomas and Price actually fought each other as well (goalies!! holy! But, I will say proudly that Price had Thomas down on the ice with his jersey over his head, HA!). Let me tell you, the refs didn't know what to do about 2 goalies fighting, as there aren't really any rules for that (well, there is but its ANCIENT). In the end, Boston had 6 players in the penalty box and Montreal had 5.
Third period was goals galore again! 4 more were scored, 2 for boston, 2 for my Habs to make it 8-6 final score. One goal by Boston was dis-allowed, because of goalie interference (Ryder). And can I say there was another huge fight at the end of the period, again involving EVERYONE on the ice?! Crazy game. Was I disappointed? A little. But, it was such an action packed game, and for Boston being such a physical team I was proud that my Habs held up to them physically. This game had me pumped! Can I say how much I love having Subban on defence?! HELL YA!
Total penalties:
Boston - 26
Montreal - 21.
Good lord!
Total penalty minutes: 187!!!!!!!!
I should also point out that our rookies are really holding their own. Pacioretty scored twice and Subban, Weber and Descharnais scored once each. GO HABS!
No comments:
Post a Comment