Friday, July 30, 2010

Long weekend

Well, this long weekend is off with a bang!! Literally!

Another sever thunderstorm warnings, and there have already been 2 tornado touchdowns west of Calgary. Northwest Calgary is supposed to get it the worst for the city. Oh, and there's supposed to be hail, AGAIN. Needless to say, my car is safely parked in the garage, since it was damaged by the last hail storm we had. We've gone and rented some movies for the evening and are safely and warmly tucked inside for the night. You should see the sky, its BLACK on one side of the road, and on the other side of the road its bright and sunny. Uncanny.

Our plans for a day at the river tomorrow don't look good, since its supposed to thunderstorm in the afternoon. That cuts into a lot of our outdoor plans for the weekend. And my poor cousins who are out camping in the mountains this weekend!! Ugh. I hope they still have fun.

But on a better note, my parents and brother arrive on Monday. YAY!!!!

AND my interview went well, so now I have to wait and see if I'm accepted...I'll find out in a few weeks. If I'm accepted, this puts me in the applicant pool for potential temporary and probation jobs. And apparently, the school board is young so that means a lot of ladies having babies! Maybe a maternity leave for me?!

Well, storm or no storm, and wherever you are, I hope you have a great long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment