Friday I had to work. Early morning. Gross. But the day was brightened early in my shift. A customer came in, with who I'm assuming is his Grandma. He looked about 40, and he was mentally handicapped, but soo nice. He came in and put a Peonese on the counter and said this was for me. He ordered his 2 subs, and while I was making them we had a really nice conversation. I guess he loves flowers and gardening, Peonese especially. And I love flowers and gardening too. So we had a nice conversation about it. After he paid, he told me to enjoy my flower :) I took it home and put it in a vase. It was super cute, and super sweet. I love flowers, and I love getting them :) I had never seen this customer before, he's not a regular. But I hope he comes back again.
On Friday evening, we went over to Derek and Lana's to stay the night. The kids were excited for our sleepover. We planned it last weekend. I had made goodie bags for the kids with homemade cookies, cadbury mini eggs, Sweedish berries and some Swiss chocolate. We had a few drinks, and because me and Lana discovered last weekend that Stephan had never seen or heard of Sound of Music, we made him watch it on Friday. We sang to every song. We started it late, so we were up until 2 A.M
The boys got up early at 8 A.M to watch the Germany soccer game, and they won. I slept in late, because I wasn't feeling well...I had a sore throat, and I was exhausted (I don't think I slept or ate well last week). I ended up having a nap after I showered and got ready because just that took all my energy. I felt bad for napping, but I guess I needed it. I felt great after. Stephan played soccer in the yard with the kids and Derek. In the evening, some other friends came over and we all had a bbq and some drinks. It was a really nice evening.
This is what Lana left on the bed for us...a little basket for each of us with towels and a marzipan log. Super cute!
Sunday was service for the departed and we had Apostle Dzur holding service. I played, I was nervous but I think it went well. He was my apostle in North Bay, so it was really good to see him and his wife again. After service, I had a lazy day with Stephan. We did some laundry because he was going away for work again this week. And then Stephan took me out for dinner to this Irish Pub near our house we'd been wanting to check out. It was really nice, and I think we'll go back again for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment