I think I'm starting to settle into a life here. I drove downtown today, during rush hour. And I didn't die from stress. First time ever! Downtown is not so bad here...its nowhere near Toronto, and its totally manageable once you get used to it. Not that I want to go downtown all the time now, but if need be I feel capable in handling it.
I was downtown because I was checking out where my interview is on Thursday with the school board. I wanted to know how far it is from my house, and what the area is like so I don't get lost, or I don't feel stressed for time. I want to keep as calm as I can on interview day. And downtown driving is a stress for me. So I thought this might make it less stressful.
I'm trying to stay calm for the interview, and not over-think things and be myself. But I'm not good at selling myself. And there is a lot riding on this interview, so I feel the pressure. This is the start of my career here hopefully, so I need this to be a positive interview. I can't even think what will happen if this doesn't go well. I'm just trying to stay positive, I have a lot of people rooting and praying for me, so I just need to be calm and confident. That's what I keep telling myself anyways....we'll see how that goes over the next couple of days...
Are you interviewing with the Calgary Board of Education? My fiance is a teacher with that school board and he loves it! My fingers are crossed for you and I bet you will do great in your interview!
ReplyDeleteyes, I am! It seems like a great school board, so I'm really excited and nervous at the same time!
ReplyDeleteWow it's tomorrow already! I'll be praying for you. Please call us after to tell us how you think it went.
ReplyDelete