Admission was $10, and it was definitely worth it! We spent about 4 hours at the museum, but we could easily have stayed the day there if we had read every tiny piece of information posted. We were both really really impressed with the museum, we found the displays very well done (A LOT of time and money had been invested in this), and it was jam packed with info. Not to mention, the place is HUGE!I was also surprised, as I thought the museum was specific to the WWI and WWII, but it also covered the Korean War, peacekeeping stuff, Afghanistan, the Boer War and many others!
I strongly suggest seeing this place, it is well worth you time. You won't be disappointed!
One of the displays they build, it was quite impressive and detailed.
I found this one interesting. This young man died a P.O.W, at enemy hands. But he was also the only man to be awarded the Bavarian Cross of Military Merit for saving a young girl from drowning. The Bavarian cross is the one on the bottom left.
This is the very first Canadian flag EVER.
Aviation section
Navy section
Stephan with a German U-boat captain
I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist. Anyone notice the bottle is full? I drool at the thought....
Some of the tanks outside of the museum
No comments:
Post a Comment