I love the weekends. And not because it means no work...ok, well that too. But because it means Stephan is home, and that is always a good thing.
He came home Thursday, and he was on time this week so that meant I was picking him up from the Calgary location at 5pm. I had to run and get groceries after work so I would have something to make for dinner for Stephan. By the time I got home and in in the shower at 3:20 I had an hour and 20 minutes until I had to leave to get Stephan. I must say, I was Super Woman and Wonder woman combined. In 1 hour and 2o minutes I showered, did my hair and make up, changed, made dinner, folded laundry, washed the dishes and cleaned the bathroom. That's right, 1 hour and 20 minutes! Ok, so I made Chili and that's easy and it meant I could do stuff while it was cooking on the stove...but still.
Friday night we went over to friends from the German Club for table tennis and a bbq. The weather was gorgeous, and it was a perfect evening. We both ended up drinking, and so stayed over at our friends.
In the morning, we headed home and got groceries for tonight. My cousin Andrew was in town, as he drove out with Rachel's brother (who has now moved here). So Johnny had arranged for him, Andrew, Josh (Rachel's brother), Stephan and a few other guys to go to the football game tonight. I offered to feed them and give them a place to pre-drink before the show. I made something easy, Spaghetti.
But do I have any idea how much to cook for 6 people? Nope. Dad said 3 pounds of meat. Knowing Stephan and I (but mostly Stephan) ate 2 pounds of meat with Thursday night's Chili, I thought 4 would be adequate. And I made two different kinds...one with beef/pork and onions. And then one with ground turkey and no onions....Jessica safe (I hate onions). Holy crap, did I make TOO MUCH food!! I mean, my family eats a lot. I was counting on them eating a lot. And they did, but man...I guess they are coming over for left overs tomorrow. Either that or I freeze the sauce.
I also had an appointment today at a clinic to see if they'll take me as a patient, which they did so I have a doctor now! Score! I didn't have one in North Bay, there was a doctor shortage. I was on a waiting list for the past 2 years.
When I got home from that, I started cooking for the boys. Stephan ran to the bank and to the Edelweiss. Well he was there, he bought me a bag of German gummie bears that I like as a surprise! It was super cute! :)
So the boys have left for the soccer game, and maybe a bar after. And I'm here by myself. I think I might take the chance to watch some chick flicks. And eventually wash the dishes, and practice my church songs.
Right now, I'm watching a Victor Borge special on TV, I'm pretty excited about it. ....but I really don't want to was the dishes. At least I had the sense to give them paper plates :P haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment