I have to admit, I wasn't looking forward to today. I hate Mondays. Stephan leaves to go away for the week (until Thursday), at least for most of the summer anyways. It means 4 days, and 3 nights without him. And when I go into work, I know the part-timers are going to have messed something up over the weekend...usually they make too much food and we end up with waste.
But today, surprisingly, turned out pretty darn good!
1.) I got to watch a really cool huge thunderstorm at work today, complete with hail the size of golf-balls. I think my car survived without damage.
2.) I finally went to a walk-in clinic to get my ear looked at. I've been having on-and-off earaches since before I moved out here, but I didn't have a doctor and I don't trust the walk-ins in North Bay. I was in and out of the clinic in 15 minutes, with a prescription for antibiotics. Turns out the doc thinks the tube connecting my throat and ear is infected/swollen. Hopefully, if he's right, it should clear up in 10 days, and then no more earache!
3.) While waiting for my prescription to be filled, I got a call from the Calgary Board of Education. They weren't really hiring for next school year, they were in deficit and as a result there was a hiring freeze. Well, last week they got the funding they needed. And today, I got a call for an interview at the end of the month! I don't know if its for a job position, or supply teaching, but its an interview and I'm pretty excited! I wasn't expecting an interview at all so yay!! :)
4.) I made myself a very quick, but delicious dinner (complete with leftovers for work the next 2 days), and sat down to watch 2 episodes of Sex and the City on tv.
5.) I get to talk to Stephan tonight, hopefully! We have to wait and see if there is internet at his motel in the middle of no-where.
6.) I'm planning on watching the movie "Nine" tonight, I rented it last night. You know the new musical with Kate Hudson, Penelope Cruz, Nicole Kidman and Fergie?! I'm super excited about it!
7.) I will be having a bowl of icecream to go along with the movie, in celebration of my great day. I think the reasoning works, so there will no comments on the icecream (*cough cough* Stephan *cough cough)
8.) Mom, Dad and Ian will be here in 21 days! 3 WEEKS!
Hey Lady! Congrats on the job interview and good luck, I'll be praying for you! Love you!! xoxoxo
ReplyDelete