This weekend was awesome, the perfect summer weekend. We lucked out with nice weather 2 weekends in a row, and with Stephan being home we decided to take advantage of it.
Friday was supposed to be table tennis, but its been cancelled until further notice. So instead we headed to the movie theater to watch the last Harry Potter movie. We caught the early movie, and had a late dinner after at East Side Mario's. If you haven't been lately, they have this delicious summer menu. I ordered this summer spinach salad with this vinaigrette dressing, strawberries, raspberries, red grapes, roasted walnuts and grilled chicken. It was the MOST delicious salad I've ever had. And since Friday night all I want to eat is this salad, I crave it. It was THAT good. If you haven't had it, go get some. NOW.
Saturday we had a lazy day. We slept in a bit, had a pancake breakfast and then got ready to head to the beach. We spent all day by the lake, lazing around until dinner time. Stephan forgot to put sunscreen on the back of his legs, and he spent most of the time laying on his stomach reading his book, so his legs got REALLY burnt. And I mean bad! They are still red. Guess he learned his lesson though! After the beach, we came home and had a quiet dinner and watched a movie. It was a wonderful day together.
Sunday was quiet as well. I had church in the morning, and then I came home and had an excessively long, lazy nap. We decided to go out for fast food for dinner, and also stopped to grab some medicated cream to put on Stephan's burn. Thankfully, it seems to have helped. We spent the rest of the night quietly in front of the tv.
Sadly, its now Monday night and Stephan is getting ready to head back to work tomorrow. He's on 8 day shifts for the next while, so he'll be gone every other weekend. On the upside, he's home for 6 days at a time. Hopefully this week flies by!
How was your weekend?
No comments:
Post a Comment