Monday, August 1, 2011

weekend recap - sunny days!

This weekend was a long weekend, and what a beautiful weekend it was!

Sadly, Stephan was away up North for work. Since I hadn't been in a few weeks, I decided to spend Friday night at the German club. On my way, I stopped at the mall and I found a dress for $20, super cute and a great deal! It was great too, to see everyone at the club and catch up. I played pretty well, for not having played for 3 weeks. Andy brought this sparkling wine champagne stuff for us to try, his neighbour owns a liquor store and it was new to the store. It was a passion fruit wine, and it was delicious! The best thing I've ever tasted! It was nice and light, and not too sweet. Perfect for a summer on the patio! He let me keep the bottle, and I'm going to see if I can track it down at another store.


Saturday wasn't exciting. I slept in quite late, since I had stayed up late on Friday night watching movies. I spent the afternoon doing some errands, including replacing our umbrella for our patio set, because a spring came flying off. I slacked off from doing anything house-cleaning related, besides laundry and spent the rest of the night enjoying some time to myself on the couch with a glass of wine.

Sunday was the normal church in the morning and then immediately after church I headed to the beach with some friends from church and their 2-year old boy. It was on one of the fake lakes here, but I gotta say...its a good substitute for northern-ontario-lake-deprived-me! There was SAND!!! It was perfect weather, warm but with a breeze. And the water felt glorious! Oh how I missed laying on the beach and swimming! Me and Stephan plan to go this weekend, if the weather is nice. I also have to look into my community here, because there is a lake here also that I can get access to with a membership card.

I spent the rest of Sunday night watching another movie, with a glass of wine. And I didn't have to rush to bed, because the store opened up later today :) so no early morning for me!

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. I love those great weekends. It's like a breath of fresh air to keep you going through the rest of the week. I'm glad you had a blast :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to check out that wine... sounds delish!!

    ReplyDelete