Monday, August 22, 2011

weekend recap - out of the darkness


Well, if you read a few posts ago you know it didn't start out that good...

Plans got cancelled, I got left out and I ended up Friday night sitting at home alone feeling pretty crappy. Well, I guess you never know when to count your blessings. But boy did things change. If I hadn't been sitting at home, I wouldn't have received a message on facebook from 2 friends from Ontario who were in town visiting a family member. They messaged me with their phone number, asking to meet for drinks. Getting there was a nightmare, we met down town so they would have easy access to the c-train. I got stuck in construction traffic, and a 30 minute drive took 1 1/2 hours to get downtown. And then finding parking was a nightmare. But boy, was I happy to see them! My cries on Friday night for my Ontario friends was answered, and it couldn't have come to a better time. Stephan was also downtown, and I picked him up on the way home.

Saturday was a bit of a lazy day. I slept in quite late, and we spent most of the day sitting on the couch and cleaning. We ran a few errands, including groceries and stopping by Chapters. I got a new book on the not-so-nice kings and queens of Europe, its quite interesting! In the evening we went for a bbq at one of Stephan's co-workers, it was a post-wedding party for those who couldn't make it to the wedding (it had been in Ontario). It was a really nice, relaxing evening on the porch.

Sunday I had church in the morning, and then I had to stop by the grocery store to grab something I forgot. While there, I stopped in at petsmart. We had been looking around at cats, and we had found one we liked at another petshop but I thought I would see what was available here. The pets at this petstore are sold via a rescue agency. I found Anna, got to see her for a bit and ask some questions and immediately rushed home to beg Stephan to come look. Well, I guess he liked her too because he said we should bring her home that day. And so we did. We grabbed all the supplies we needed while we were there, and then adopted Anna and brought her home.

She's adjusted well, and is eating, drinking and playing, and is using the litter box (she only had 1 accident, and then its been good since then). She is very playful (I have clawmarks to prove it), but also VERY cuddely. She likes to like on my chest/neck, or half on the back of the couch/my shoulder. And she purrs like crazy. For such a little kitten, she purrs SO LOUD!
We're looking forward to getting to know this new addition to our family :)

And, its amazing how a weekend can flip around. I feel like I was maybe a bit dramatic on Friday, but I was really feeling low. But it feels so great to say that the weekend turned out great. I guess someone was watching out for me :)

1 comment: