Well, today is not the greatest of days. We got mail, from the immigration office. Stephan's work permit has been denied, which means he is no longer a temporary resident and cannot work. The permit is missing the LMO, which is done by Stephan's company and is still in process (and has been for many months). So now Stephan has to stop work, and refile for a new permit. He has 90 days to get the new permit application filed (which he needs the LMO for, and which we STILL do not have...its just a waiting game right now), or he has to leave the country.
This just SUCKS. Crappy crappy stupid day. I wish things were easier, it seems not fair. And its highly frustrating to watch people who don't speak any English get into the country so easily and quickly (not being racist, but its true!!), especially when Stephan speaks fluent English and his trade is in high demand.
I'm going to go be mopey for the night, I'm allowed to be. I've already gone through half a box of Kleenex.
Sorry to hear about Stephan's permit. Hopefully things get sorted out quickly and everything else goes relatively smooth!
ReplyDeleteKeep your head up :)
Oh no that is aweful!! I hope all the paper will come and you can send it off very soon! Things will work out, they just have to.
ReplyDelete