Tuesday, November 9, 2010

weekend recap

Yesterday was busy, and I wanted to talk about the immigration stuff. So I am doing my weekend recap today.

Friday we spent at the German club with our table tennis group...well, Stephan did. I wasn't feeling well, so I stayed home and worked on my blanket.

Saturday was our big day, we went to the zoo! We had high expectations, we had been wanting to go for awhile. We really enjoyed our day there, but we were a bit disappointed. Everybody had raved about how great the zoo was. But we found the animal enclosures quite small, and some of the sections lacking. Australia we were quite disappointed with...for a continent full of so many reptiles and snakes they had barely anything. Stephan was also really disappointed as they really didn't have a good reptile/snake section PERIOD. We were also disappointed at having to pay full admission prices, and then not being able to see some sections such as the dinosaur area (which was already being taken down) and the butterflies. I wondered at how people raved over it, and then I realized they probably have nothing to compare it to. I was comparing it to the Toronto zoo in my mind, or the African Lion Safari back home and Stephan was expecting something like the Zurich zoo in Switzerland. I guess we just expected more from a city the size of Calgary.

BUT! the exciting part is that in 2012, there will be penguins! PENGUINS! So I'll be going back to see that!

Overall though, we enjoyed our day and we were definitely glad we checked it out!

Sunday we lazed around, had left overs for dinner and did some cleaning stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment