Monday, March 21, 2011

Meet Me On Monday & Weekend Recap

I'm too lazy to do this in 2 separate posts. Nor do I want to write 3 posts today (in all). So I'm combining them, tough for you!

Meet Me on Monday
Today, I'm linking up with Ashley at Life as I know It.

1. What jewelry do you wear 24/7?
2. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it?
3. How many siblings do you have?
4. Were you named after anyone?
5. Coke or Pepsi?

Answers:
1.) I have a pair of diamond earrings, and a diamond necklace both from Stephan. And a daughter's pride ring from y parents. I wear those everyday, except when I sleep.

2.) I most definitely twirl my spaghetti!
3.) I have two siblings, both younger. My sister, Meaghan, who is 2 years younger and my brother, Ian, who is 10 years younger.
4.) No, I was not named after anyone. My grandfather did however give my parents crap for giving me a Hebrew name, and not a German name (even though most of my other cousins don't have German names, so the big deal was...?!), and was even more upset at my Irish middle name. Haha!
5.) TOTALLY PEPSI! 3rd generation, genetically addicted.
The ONLY exception is when drinking...Pepsi just doesn't mix well. You get this weird medicine taste. So, this is the ONLY time I will take Coke over Pepsi (given a choice).

Weekend Recap
This weekend was awesome! Mostly because of Saturday, read on.

Friday I got off of work and we stayed home from the German Club. Since we were driving to the border on Saturday for Stephan's work permit (as mentioned in this post), we wanted to organize all the papers we were going to need and go to bed early.

Saturday we left for the border bright and early and 7am. It takes about 2.5 hours to drive down there, and we wanted to give ourselves plenty of time. The whole process at the border itself took about 1.5/2 hours. I was worried they weren't going to give him the work permit, they were asking a lot of questions. It was a complicated case, because it got so messed up so I guess they were just trying to make sure everything was legal and that they understood everything. The guy was very friendly too, he was being nice. We just calmly answered all the questions he had and finally, the decision was made and he was approved for the work permit!
Happy, we drove home and got back around 2:30pm. I took a nap, and then we went out for dinner to celebrate! Stephan went out with some friends later from work, to celebrate. I was tired and stayed home.

Sunday I had church in the morning, and a choir practice after. I ran and grabbed some groceries and I found bison stewing meat in the meat section! So I decided to try it, and made the delicious-and-now-favourite-beer-stew-with-paprika that we both love (in the slow cooker, of course)! Not that I eat the meat, it doesn't make a difference to me. But Stephan enjoyed the bison meat and it was neat to be able to cook with something different.

We finished the day off doing laundry and watching TV.

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment