Friday, March 25, 2011

The firemen came to visit....

Next door to my work is a Little Ceasar's Pizza. Today, somebody somehow ran their car through the window and broke the glass. The impact was hard enough that the car bounced back over the concrete barrier in front of the sidewalk. I don't know what happened, the woman apparently said she accidently hit the gas instead of the brake pedal. But she had to have been going fast! I was up front when it happened, and heard the bang and the glass smashing and breaking and looked up to see her fly back from the wall. The impact was so hard it dented the door frame of the pizza store and blocked the front door from opening. 2 Firetrucks, an ambulance, a police car and an Fire Department Emergency Rescue Unit (which apparently is a YELLOW firetruck) all came. The firemen and police needed access to the Pizza place and since we were next door, we left our back door open so they could get in through the back.

So for about an hour or so a stream of firemen were coming in and out of the store. I didn't mind......and yes, they were ALL CUTE. I was in HEAVEN. If you don't know, I may have a little TINY thing for firemen. I drool. I blush. I grin like a school girl. Best day EVER! Not so much for Little Ceasar's. Luckily, no one was hurt!

Ok, so neither of these 2 photos were ACTUALLY the firemen....but...who cares?

1 comment: