Monday, March 14, 2011

weekend recap

First of all, sorry for the lack of posts since Wednesday. My internet crashed on Thursday, and we didn't get it fixed until late Friday night, at which point we were out and about for the weekend.

Friday was our usual night at the German Club. We get there quite late, as I work until 8pm and by the time I get home to pick up Stephan and we get to the club its 9pm. Thankfully, after 2 more weeks I will finish at 7pm on Friday, which means we will get to the club by 8pm and can enjoy some more time there. Stephan bought a new paddle with an off-set handle, and it was lighter weight for greater speed but less control. He was trying it out, and not liking it very much. Towards the end of the night I played a couple games on it...and low and behold, it seems to work for me! Suddenly I was returning shots at lightening speed. It was crazy. I'll have to try it again this week and see if it was a fluke or not. I might steal it from Stephan if it isn't. He wasn't too happy that his new paddle worked better for me, that's for sure!

Saturday we slept in. And I know we sleep in a little every Saturday, but I must have been tired because I slept in until 11:30am! Waaaay later than normal. We got up and did some grocery shopping, and some other errands including checking out a store we had driven by several times. It was disappointing....supposed to be like a Costco but with no membership. It wasn't that good at all. In the evening we went over to our friends' house for a bbq and some movies. With the time change, it was a late night.

Sunday was the usual. I went to church in the morning, grabbed a few things from the grocery store I forgot on Saturday and went home to get a nice roast going in the slow cooker for dinner.
I did some chores and than spent the rest of the evening being lazy on the couch.

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a nice relaxing weekend! listen to your body -- if it said to sleep until 11:30 --- you needed it honey!

    ReplyDelete