Sunday, March 6, 2011

Catching up with the Canadiens

Well, there is not much to catch up on! I missed a lot of games lately on account of a.) being sick and bedridden, sleeping all the time and b.) The time difference and c.) having a basic cable package that doesn't show all my games. They will show leaf games instead. Unless the Habs are playing a big team, or an original 6 team. It sucks. I watch what I can, when I can. And follow online, obsessively.

The Habs did play last night, against Tampa. I didn't see the game, because I didn't get the game on TV (see reason c). They won 4-2. Which is nice, because our last road trip was horrible. With this win last night we've now increased our winning streak to 4 games. We sit 2nd our division, a game more played and 5 points out of first. At this point we are 6th in the conference. We have a game less played than the Rangers behind us, and a 7 point lead. Which is a good gap, provided the Habs don't have another horrible road trip like the last one.

If you want updates on how last night's game went, you can check out these 2 places:
Habs inside Out
The H Does NOT Stand for Habs

This week we are set to play Boston on Tuesday...which should be interesting considering their last game against Boston, which you can read about here. It's a home game, so hopefully that will give us an advantage. But its Boston, and they are always a tough team to beat. They are also first in the division and 2nd in the conference so its a big game for the Habs. We need this win!
Later in the week we play St. Louis, and Pittsburgh on Saturday.

Since Tuesday is against Boston, my cable package should be airing it and hopefully I can watch it! Thursday's game probably not, but I work Thursday evenings anyways so I can never watch a Thursday game. Saturday's game I should also get on TV. Yay!

1 comment: