Friday, December 3, 2010

And December starts....

Well, December is off with a bang!

To start with, we spoke to Stephan's lawyer. They had to re-do the entire process from scratch. But, the job ad needed for the LMO has been completed and posted for the required time. Now they are filling out the application for the actual LMO. The lawyer is very positive that it should go through no problem right now. They are expecting the application to take 4-5 weeks. Stephan's deadline is January 26. If, for some reason the LMO takes longer and is held up, Stephan can apply to stay as a visitor and that will give him 6 more months and allow him to stay here while the process is being completed.
Fingers crossed that the LMO doesn't take longer! I just really want this whole process to be over with, its exhausting worrying about it!

Second, I got a call on Tuesday and Wednesday I had a job interview!! FOR TEACHING!!! Its a 0.5 (half-time) position, from January until June (could go longer), for music K-grade 5. However, its a bit of a drive. Its over in a little town called High River, about 15 minutes from Okotoks. From where I live, its about a 50 minute drive (no traffic). But, its a start! And the school and staff seemed really nice.

I should find out next week if I got the job or not, fingers crossed! I would really like the position. I'm just happy I at least got an interview.

1 comment:

  1. That's so exciting that you got an interview! My fingers are crossed for you :)

    ReplyDelete