Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Winter and Christmas in Northern Ontario.

I'm homesick for Northern Ontario in the winter and at Christmas time. And my tummy is upset. And that makes the homesickness worse.

So today, I'm gonna show you what Northern Ontario looks like in the winter. And then I'll sit and look at the pictures wondering why I left this place in the first place, and I'll blame Stephan for dragging me out here. Not that I don't like it! It's just not...home. Plus, Northern Ontario has bass-fishing. Alberta does not. Alberta can never win. You don't know what you're missing until you've caught some bass and BBQ-ed it in foil with lemon juice, garlic, pepper and dill.......oh my gosh the deliciousness!! I die a thousand deaths with every bite, its THAT GOOD!

Anyways, I digress! Let me show you the beauty of snowy Northern Ontario. It includes things like hiking, ice fishing, and pond hockey. Be warned...there will be lots of photos. As always! (There's just too many to choose from, and I want to do it ALL today, not break it up!)

We get to play on the frozen lake

and make slides down the hill to the lake


the horses get to play too!

walking down trails, with lots of pretty views

The lake freezes over
and kids play pond hockey
and the huts come out for ice-fishing


Man, do I ever miss it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment