Friday night we had a nice relaxing evening. Some of my piano students canceled so I got home early. We spent the night just watching tv and relaxing.
Saturday we slept in, and then had a pancake breakfast. We got ready and set out to go pick out our Christmas Tree. I found a garden centre near our house, as we had decided on a real one. I have never had a real one before so this was to be a first to me.
We picked out our tree...a Nova Scotia Balsam Fir...
Then they cut the end off, and pulled it through this thing to wrap it up....I was fascinated.
Then we headed off to buy decorations, and grab groceries (including a new roasting pan to replace the broken one I have, so I could make Stephan a roast for dinner Saturday night).
We got home and set up the tree...
I got the roast in the oven, then Stephan helped me put the lights on the tree...
And then I decorated! The finished product!
We put on coloured lights (Stephan's choice), and did blue, silver, white and teal-coloured balls. I was really excited for this tree, as it is mine and Stephan's first tree and first Christmas together (last year he was in Germany for Christmas). It kinda marks the beginning of our life together, and now we get to start our own memories and traditions, so I was really excited for it!
I think I could get used to a real tree every year. I really like it so far, it smells AWESOME!
The tree was followed by a delicious dinner and movies.
Sunday was lazy, and we had leftovers and watched The Blind Side. If you haven't seen this movie yet, you must! I loved it. It's on my must-buy list.
How was your weekend?!
No comments:
Post a Comment