Today was a great day!
I got home from work and there was a package waiting on the doorstep. It was from Ben and Mel, two friends from back home in Northern Ontario! Inside was a set of 6 pictures in frames of times we had spent together with Mel and Ben from various hikes we had gone on, to a weekend we spent at Ben's parents' cottage. It means a lot, especially since Mel doesn't celebrate Christmas. And it may have made me cry a little, because I miss the north, the lakes and my life there. Its the perfect gift, and we are going to find a very special place to display the pictures where I can look up everyday and think of home. I really miss Ben and Mel, so it was nice to get this from them and nice to have this reminder of them.
I also went out today and used my gift card from my parents for Canadian Tire. There were some things I had been wanting for my kitchen for awhile. First on the list was a new set of glasses. The ones I have currently are from the dollar store, and they wobble. It drives me crazy. I was able to find a really nice set of 16 for a cheap price of $20 (yay sales!). I was also able to find a really nice slow cooker on sale ($30), just big enough and fancy enough for what I would need...which isn't much. A wok was also added to the pile, and a bamboo spatula for it. It's not a top-of-the-line wok, its pretty cheap. But I didn't have one, and I like to make a lot of stir-frys. So it will do the job for now.
Late Christmas presents, and free shopping for new kitchen toys...not a bad day at all! :D


No comments:
Post a Comment