Friday night I finished my last night of piano teaching for the holiday season, the studio is closed for the next 2 weeks! Some of my students brought me presents: hand lotion (thank the lord! I live on this stuff now!), and Bailey's caramel chocolates (SOOO yummy!).
Saturday we slept in, had another pancake breakfast and did some laundry around the house. Stephan left to do some errands and Christmas shopping and I rushed to get the last of the house work and laundry done before the youth service and concert in the evening.
We keep our mattress on the floor, we didn't bring our bed frame out with us. And we have no night stand. My cell serves as my alarm clock, so I keep it under my pillow beside me as I sleep. Well, I forgot this as I grabbed the bedsheets and put them in the washing machine. I discovered my cell when I was putting the sheets in the dryer, and realized it must have gotten caught up in the blankets and I didn't notice. Man, was I TICKED at myself. I rushed to get out the door sooner, so I could replace it on the way to the concert. I needed a cell phone, as I have applied for a few jobs and could get called for an interview at any time. Thankfully, I was able to replace it relatively cheaply (once I get the mail-in rebate), and I didn't have to pay upfront. It will show up on my next bill! It was also time for an upgrade and to renew my contract anyways. But I'm still ticked at myself. What a STUPID mistake.
After the concert, I came home to find a Christmas package in the mail from my parents full of presents, which are now waiting under our tree to be opened. Later in the evening me and Stephan had our usual movie night and, as usual, I fell asleep 10 minutes into the movie. Can you tell I need a few days off?
Sunday was a lazy day. Church as usual, with a quick choir practice after. And then a lazy day at home.
How was your weekend?
No comments:
Post a Comment