I worked on Christmas eve until 2pm, then came home and showered. Stephan wanted a nice dinner, so we went out to get groceries and the very last of our Christmas gifts. For dinner I made a nice roast with potatoes and carrots, and we had a salad with Stephan's yummy salad dressing. After dinner, we opened our presents. We had decided to open them on Christmas Eve, as that is what they do in Germany.
From Stephan I got white puma running shoes (yay!! and I LOVE them). From my sister and her fiance I got a really nice dark grey long sleeved shirt. My brother gave me and Stephan a gift card for a restaurant. I got a stocking full of goodies from my parents, as well as a necklace and earrings and a really fancy frying-pan. I also got gift certificates for La Senza, Marks' work wearhouse, Chapters and Canadian Tire.

My new shoes. I think I have to get a half size smaller though, so I need to exchange them.
Stephan got deer sausage from my sister and Russ. Russ hunts, and we tried some of his deer sausage last year. It's delicious, and Stephan LOVES it. I normally don't eat any red meat, but Russ' deer sausage I'll eat. It's THAT good. You can't not eat it. Stephan also got a stocking from my parents, and gift cards for Mark's work warehouse (his favourite store), and Chapters.
Sunday we went to Church in the morning. We came home and had a bit of a lazy afternoon with a quick nap before we got ready to go over to my Cousin's for Christmas dinner. I had offered to make the spaetzle, and I prepared it at my apartment before we left. We had a wonderful evening with my cousins, and followed the awesome dinner up with The Muppet Christmas Carol.
Sunday we took the opportunity to sleep in. I badly need a day off sometime soon. :( We spent a bit of the day shopping and spending some of our gift cards, and I also bought new dress boots with some bonus money I got from Subway (A christmas bonus, who knew?!!). I got a great deal, gorgeous boots for $44!
These are my new boots! But, they are black. The top also rolls down. You wear them over the pants. They don't go so well underneath pants...I tried.
The rest of the day we spent lazing around. We rented a few movies and had a quiet night, as neither of us were feeling the greatest yesterday. And still today...I think we are both getting a bit of a cold.
How was your Christmas?
Love the boots! Where are they from?
ReplyDeleteI got them from "The Shoe Warehouse", check it out!! Great deals, nice stuff! In my opinion anyways.
ReplyDelete