Some of our Table-tennis group
Johnathon Millar (Canadian-son of IAN MILLAR!) on Contino 14
On Saturday, Stephan got his favourite breakfast: pancakes, on which he spreads applesauce and sugar. I did some cleaning, laundry and prepping for dinner. And then we headed out to Spruce Meadows to watch the National CN Reliability Grand Prix. Showjumping, olympic riders. My dream since I was 10. Ian Millar wasn't competing that day, but his son Johnathon was there as well as other riders I've grown up watching like Rodrigo Pessoa, Eric Lamaze, Beezie Madden and Jill Henselwood. Eric Lamaze won (Canadian)! I got some pretty good pics, of EVERY rider. Multiple pics. Yes, I took like 100 pictures of the horses. But is anyone surprised?
After the show was over, we went home and I got dinner in the oven. Johnny and Rachel came over to celebrate Stephan's birthday. They gave him a gift card for Home Depot, since Stephan had to buy some tools for work. Johnny remembered this from a past conversation. We both thought it was very thoughtful, and were touched by the gesture. Stephan and Johnny really seem to get along well. For dinner we had tea biscuits, rouladen, spaetzle, carrots, salad and, of course, the other german cheesecake I had made. Johnny has ordered 30 of them for his 30th birthday in October.
Sunday was a lazy day. I came home from church and choir practice. Stephan watched Germany's soccer game. Then we went to buy his tools, after which we went for a drive exploring. We ended up checking out the olympic park where the ski jump was. We sat on the hill and had a beautiful view of the city and mountains. The weather was perfect, 26 and sunny. It was a perfect way to end the weekend.
Sunday was a lazy day. I came home from church and choir practice. Stephan watched Germany's soccer game. Then we went to buy his tools, after which we went for a drive exploring. We ended up checking out the olympic park where the ski jump was. We sat on the hill and had a beautiful view of the city and mountains. The weather was perfect, 26 and sunny. It was a perfect way to end the weekend.




No comments:
Post a Comment