Monday, June 7, 2010

Getting Ready for the Move

So, I'm going to be backtracking for the next little bit to get everyone caught up and let them know what happened as we got ready and moved out here.

We told our friends back home we were moving. Ben and Mel threw us a goodbye party, and made us a scrapbook with pictures of everyone from our group that we hung out with. We had dinner and drinks another night at Shari and Steve's house.
This is Ben...

And this is Mel...she doesn't like her picture being taken


Shari
A last BBQ at her house


These 3 people are who we hung out with most. Shari was great, I worked with her the bakery. She gives real good advice and was always there when I needed, she was a true friend.

Mel and Ben were our closest friends, we did double-date-couple things all the time. We often went on hikes with them, or had BBQ's and drinking nights at their house. I also worked at the bakery with Ben and Mel. It was really hard to leave them.
We also said goodbye to my cousins Urs and Becca, my little cousin Maddie, and my Church Congregation. The Congregation gave me a lovely clock that is see-through, and you can see all the dials and things inside clicking and turning. They had it engraved so I will always remember them.
This is my little cousin Maddy.
Maddy's birthday this year.

I'm her favourite...except when Stephan, or any other boy is around. She's a little flirt, its adorable. She gets boys wrapped around her finger. Its the same with Ben and Mel. Mel loses her boyfriend when Maddy is around too. I know she's going to really miss Stephan...we should call them soon so Maddy can talk to us. She loves to talk on the phone.

We also stopped by the camp to say goodbye to Yvonne, the camp, the lake and my horses. This was the hardest part. I cried, and Yvonne cried. And I have never seen Yvonne cry. It broke my heart. I felt like I was the most horrible person in the world by leaving her. I will tell you more about her and the camp in another post. It deserves a post, or 10. At least.


Me and Boots


Then we drove down to my parents for the weekend. They threw us a HUGE goodbye party with all my friends, family, close family friends, and my old home congregation. How they fit that many people into my house, and fed them, I have no idea!!! My family on my mom's side alone is 70 people, if everyone shows up.

But I'm going to cover that in my next post...to be continued!!

2 comments:

  1. Actually your mom's family is up to 86...not counting Mac. So Maybe 87 because I was told I was going to be number 86 before the wedding!

    Your horses are beautiful! I used to ride back in the day! We should go out sometime! IN THE MOUNTAINS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for starting up this blog. I wish everyone had a blog. Its been added to my Google reader; which is checked at least once a day.

    You can say I'm a fan!

    Now you just need your own .com address.

    ReplyDelete