One Subway cookie has the same amount of calories as a turkey sub(6" I think)...thats about 250 calories for one cookie!! ONE!!! So If I ate three, I'd be consuming 750 calories. And thats disgusting. No matter how good they are.
So I got home from work and showered. Then I decided I was going to be domestic today, like Bree from Desperate Housewives domestic. I washed the dishes. I folded the laundry from this past weekend. I did 2 more loads of laundry.
And then I baked my own chocolate chip cookies, to kill my craving. I figured they are way more healthier than subway cookies. AND I can have 3 and I probably won't even be near the 250 calories of one of subway's cookies. At least that's what I'm telling myself. Don't correct me. Let me be in my own little world please! I have to say that my cookies turned out pretty delicious! I got the recipe from my bestfriend Shannon, so kudos to her!
I put away the dishes from the first load, and then I washed the dishes from my baking. And then I decided that I'm done being domestic for tonight. I don't feel like cooking dinner, I'm domesticated out today. I still have to do groceries once Stephan gets home, for his big birthday weekend. He's requested Rouladen, Spaetzle and Traditional German Cheesecake. So we'll just eat out tonight. But that will be ok. I cooked yesterday.
Usually I cook most nights. I have dinner in-process or on the table for when Stephan gets home at about 6 pm.
For my family reading this post, they are probably laughing their butts off! To think of me wanting to come home and bake or cook, and clean is pretty funny. In highschool I was very much anti-guy, and a bit of a feminist. No way was I ever going to marry and cook and clean for a guy. He could do it himself. I refused to clean, I hated doing laundry, and I refused to cook and bake. Besides, I wasn't good at it. Heck, I've ruined cupcakes from a box....TWICE!!!
But when I moved away for Teacher's College, and after moved in with two friends, and I had to learn to cook for myself because I hate microwave dinners. They taste like plastic. I learned a few basic dishes from my parents, and developed my own stir fry. To my surprise, I didn't suck and it actually tasted good! I didn't do much cooking past this because I didn't have the room in my little shared kitchen in the apartment with my friends.
When Stephan and I started dating, I started to cook a little more. I learned to make Maultaschen for him, my family favourite dish. And when he moved here last July, I really started to cook more. I started to explore my mom's recipes. She's a good cook. I bought some cookbooks, I bought myself more pots and pans and cooking stuff. I tried harder recipes. And they were good! Stephan loved them, he thinks I'm a great cook and that I have talent.
Now I really enjoy cooking. I go and buy myself "toys" for the kitchen, which shocks my mom. I even asked for a mixer for Christmas! I bet my mom never thought she would hear that coming from my mouth. The old me never would have asked for kitchen or house-hold supplies for a gift and I would've murdered whoever gave me one. I would have found it insulting. Now I have a list of things I still want for my kitchen. And I'll go online looking for new recipes to try.
I even enjoy taking care of the house together with Stephan. Because its for him. I think because Stephan enjoys my cooking, it makes me enjoy cooking more. He constantly praises me and encourages me to try new things. He's really supportive, and loves to watch me in the kitchen. He knows better then to enter the kitchen when I'm cooking though, and distract me or try to steal a piece of something!! He learned that one the hard way!
I really guess I can say that I've become quite domesticated. And you know what? I like it. And I never thought I would. I guess love really does change some things. And I'm happy that this is one of the things that changed. I love this new part of me!
I'm looking forward to that birthday dinner too!!
ReplyDeleteBahahaha you a feminist... no way! (sense the sarcasm here please)
ReplyDelete