Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Home Tour

My cousin Rachel does home tours on Tuesdays on her blog. She got the idea from some other blogs she reads. So I think I will follow suit. Although, I live an apartment, so really, it will be only 2 posts: the inside, and the outside. The outside can wait until next week, as it is currently thunder-storming and flooding outside. I'll do the inside, all of it, today (Hey, its a small apartment, I can do it one post if I like. You'll just have to read it all, that's all :P ).

I live in a basement apartment. Unlike our apartment in Ontario, it is NOT a walk-out apartment. However, there are lots of big windows that let in bright light, so its not dark and dingy. It's a one bedroom, but its 900 sq feet so its pretty big. And to offset the lack of a 2nd bedroom, we have a pull-out couch with a really comfy mattress on it.

But, enough talking, lets start the home-tour! I don't have photos from every angle...but, close enough. You enter the apartment in our living room, and if you go to the left there is our kitchen/dining area, and if you go the right you head towards the bedroom and bathroom (I don't have a picture from the door, sorry!)

Kitchen - lots of counter and cupboard space. It's my favourite part the house. (We didn't have a lot of counter space in Ontario) I want Stephan to extend the counter by the sink, and it will also cover the garbage can.


To the left of the kitchen is our coat closet - again, we didn't have one in Ontario...we had only 1 in our bedroom. So this makes me excited! :)


If you stand in the kitchen and look to the otherside you see this: our dining area! On the left is our bookshelf (I want a 2nd one) and my keyboard. I would like to note that I have room for a piano there...just putting it out there...


From the kitchen, you can look into our living room. The couch along the wall is our pull-out couch, and we have plenty of room for the love seat. There is also a coffee table (hard to see) and our TV Unit. The door at the end leads to the bedroom and bathroom. On the right wall is our entrance door.


Another view from the bedroom door


When you walk into our bedroom, ahead on the right is a door that leads to the bathroom. Shower stall is nearest the door. Medicine cabinet by the window.


Sink and toilet. Above the sink is a mirror cabinet..its very deep, and is divided into his and her sides. Also, lots of storage. On the right hand wall is another cupboard that is built into the wall, we use it for extra towels and bedsheets.

When you go left from the doorway, you see our bedroom. We are looking for a new duvet set. For now, we like the bed on the floor.


Grandma and Grandpa's dresser. I gave up the bed frame, but I refused to give up the dresser


At the end of the bed is our huge double closet, complete with shoe-shelves along the bottom (you can kinda see it through the crack)


By the bedroom door is a little nook, where we have stored an extra tv unit that came with the apartment. We use it as extra storage for things like my oboe and reed stuff.

Laundry/storage room and outside next week! Sorry for the long post, pictures take a lot of space!

No comments:

Post a Comment