Monday, September 27, 2010

weekend events

This weekend Stephan got stuck working overtime. He got home from work on Thursday, and was scheduled in Fort MacLeod for Monday. However, they are way behind out there and his boss basically begged Stephan to go, so off Stephan went. And after I finished work on Friday, I followed!

I got to Fort MacLeod just before 9pm, and we just had a lazy night and watched some TV, went to bed early because Stephan had to work on the Saturday.

While Stephan was gone during the day on Saturday, I took advantage of the beautiful weather to do some sightseeing (after I slept in). I headed out to see Head-smashed-in Buffalo Jump, which we've been wanting to see for awhile now. It's too bad Stephan couldn't come, he would have loved it. It was very interesting, the museum was very well done. I was really impressed! I plan to go back there again with Stephan. And I highly recommend it to everyone, go check it out! It's worth the drive!


The buffalo jump


After, I headed out to see the Fort Museum in town...this was a bit disappointing. It was also very interesting, but short and small. I was done the tour in less than an hour, and I have to say I've seen better Fort museums. But, I'm glad I took the time to check it out.

I liked the stained-glassed windows in the church

I made a new friend at the Fort! He was absolutely ADORABLE and I totally wanted to take him home


Stephan got back by dinner time, and so we headed out to grab a nice dinner together and checked out a restaurant called The Silver Grill that one of his work buddies told him about. It was pretty good, not top of the line but good food and for a decent price. I would go back there again. We had another lazy night watching tv and then bed.

Sunday morning we both got up early; Stephan for work and me to head back to Calgary for church, which followed with a choir practice. I spent the rest of the day lazing about doing laundry, and made tacos for dinner, YUMMY! I have to say, it was a pretty good weekend and I'm glad I followed Stephan down to Fort MacLeod and got to spend time with him.

How was everyone's weekend? What did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment