Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday happenings

Today I got to pick up my car, it was in the shop for the last 4 days getting all the dents from the hail storm taken out. YAY, my car is pretty again, no hail dents!

The shop was downtown, but I had to drop off the rental first. And then they drove me over to get my pretty car. So blue and pretty. haha. And then I tried, tried being the keyword, to drive through downtown and get home. As I mentioned before, I was starting to feel comfortable driving downtown.

Well, I spoke too soon. There was one-way streets, and construction. And detours. And traffic. And missing of the detours. And my GPS constantly loosing its satellite signal and "re-calculating". Eventually, I got so lost I didn't even know how to get out of downtown. I nearly had a panic attack, I hate downtown driving. This is my worst nightmare. After I pulled over and calmed down, I managed to get my GPS going again and get out of downtown with a very different route I have never seen before.

On the way home, I found this lovely little park and rock garden. Guess the getting lost was a good a thing. I took note of where it was, and plan to go back with my camera because it was just beautiful.

Oh, did I mention I left my garage door opener in the rental car, and the place was closed until Monday by the time I realized it?! Super smart move. I called and left them a message.

I tried a new recipe tonight: Minestrone soup. Turned out pretty good. I'll have to try it again and adjust it more to my taste. I just love soup.
Add Image
And tonight, my dad e-mailed some pictures. My mom did some more cakes...one back in April for her friend's surprise party (It's of a cheeba, or cheeva bus from Columbia, where her friend comes from), and one she just finished tonight for a close family friend's wedding, my cousin Jenna.
I will be adding them to the section on my blog "Mom's Cakes", so go check it out! But here's a sneak preview:

2 comments: