Today, I'm feeling a little homesick.
I realized the last time I was home was in April. That was a long time ago.
It all started today at work, when I was thinking about going out to the mountains this weekend to take some pictures of the fall colours, I thought it would be pretty.
Until my manager said: "Colours? What colours?!! All we get here is a few yellow leaves and then bare trees in 2 weeks." She then went on to inform that fall here is not like Ontario, with the long beautiful fall weather and the brilliant colours. Here, the leaves turn a yellow-green, and then fall off and leave you with bare trees in a matter of weeks. They don't get the oranges, or the reds, or the purples. None of the brilliance of Ontario.
And it made me miss Northern Ontario, who's fall colours are even more brilliant than southern Ontario. And then I started thinking about family and friends.
This weekend and next weekend I have two weddings in the family. Cousin Jenna, and her fiance Rich get married this Sunday. And my cousin Ricky and his fiance Becky get married the following Saturday. I am unable to attend both as a.) I don't have the money and b.) I didn't know what my work situation would be (as in if I was teaching, I wouldn't be able to take the Monday off). So, this will be the first time in my life I have ever missed a family wedding (since I have been old enough to be invited). And it bugs me.
I know its life, and that being this far away its expected and I won't be able to make it home all the time. But still, this is the first time so its hard and it sucks. I'll definitely miss being able to celebrate the day with Jenna this weekend, it would have been an awesome party. And my mom is doing the cake!
Here are some pictures of what fall looks like in Northern Ontario:
\



No comments:
Post a Comment