Today was just crappy. CRAPPY. Crappy enough that I bought 2 bottles of wine on the way home and am now curled up in my flannel PJ's (yes, flannel...its been cold here lately, cold enough to turn on the heat and wear flannel PJ's).
Customers were just stupid. And you usually get one or two, no big deal. But today, they all came...to MY store! It was more than I can handle. I swear, common decency and common sense no longer exist, and I have observed that people are very UN-observant. Its infuriating and frustrating...I blame it on the end of the month.
It was also frustrating because a lot of the customers were teachers from schools in the area, who are getting ready for classes to start again. And I am a teacher, who is not teaching but is working at subway. And who is waiting for an interview for a potential unknown job, but don't know when I'll be called or if I will be called. There is no gaurentee. They are all living their lives, starting their careers. Everyone is around me, most people I went to school with around me have started their careers. I am in my 3rd year out of school and I'm starting over, literally starting from the beginning in a new city. I know a job will come, but its frustrating at the same time having to wait and not knowing or having any control.
Add to the fact that I'm tired because I had to drop Stephan off at the airport for his 1AM flight (N.B again for work, back next Tuesday) and have had about 5 hours or less of sleep makes me more susceptible to silly customers.
And its cold. And, while Stephan is out east there's a hurricane heading his way around Friday. At least it didn't happen while he was flying last night.
But its ok, I have warm PJ's, wine, some maybe icecream and my shows and a good documentary I taped on the weekend waiting for me. Some serious me-time will fix this day!
Sorry to hear that you had such a crappy day! Hopefully the bottles of wine help :)
ReplyDeletehaha, thanks! not drinking both bottles tonight!! Just thought it would be nice to have a glass, and some in the fridge for another time.
ReplyDeleteOur heat is on too! It was 4 degrees and frosty yesterday morning!! And I'm still in school, so have no worries. I don't even have a job at subway, you're better off than me.
ReplyDelete