Saturday we slept in, and had a pancake breakfast. As per normal! :) We didn't do too much, just lazed around until it was time for me to go to my hair appointment. I just got it trimmed, but I had them do an up-do for me, since I'm absolutely useless with my hair. After I got back we headed off to the hotel to check in and get ready for Stephan's work party. The party was great. A little less formal last year, and less people were there. It was also our choice for seating, whereas last year it was pre-arranged (last year someone took our seats and we were left without a spot, so we ended up sitting at the table with the president of the company....extremely nerve-wracking!!) This year was also better because I actually knew some people! Last year's Christmas dinner was my first time meeting ANYONE from Stephan's work. Sadly, I don't have a lot of photos. I just didn't end up taking a lot...just wasn't one of those nights.
Ok, this is not the most flattering pic of me, but like I said I don't have that many.
Sunday was super lazy! We checked out of the hotel and grabbed some food on the way home. When we got home we were both still tired so we had a short nap. I did some cleaning later in the afternoon, and then we sat on the couch all night. I was too lazy to cook, and we were too lazy to get up and get some food so we ordered in Swiss Chalet. Yummy! It was also probably a good thing we stayed inside. The entire day we had super high winds, reaching up to 130km here in Calgary. It did quite a lot of damage around the city, and a lot of debris was flying around. Just so you know, those winds are a equivalent to a category 1 hurricane...which is bad for landlocked Calgary that doesn't get those kind of winds! They caused several transport trucks to fall over on the highway, road signs got ripped up, some roofs were even ripped apart! There were a couple shingles laying around our complex, so we'll have to see from the builders if there is any damage to our unit. Fingers crossed that everything is ok!
How was your weekend?

Don't you just LOVE getting your hair done?!! I do! Like you, I'm totally useless with my hair, so I feel sooooo luxurious when I get it done! :) Your hair looks super-cute!
ReplyDeleteSounds like there was lots of damage from the winds! Glad you two are okay!
Sounds like the party was fun! Also sounds like you had some pretty strong winds. We didn't get those down here in Vermont. Glad you're okay! My weekend was good - got the baby room painted and my folks came up!
ReplyDelete