Thursday, November 3, 2011

random rants

I'm following Leigh's lead yesterday and ranting, because I'm still sick after 1 week and am now losing my voice (and I work with pre-school kids, great!), so I'm grumpy...soooooo things that irk me!

  • people who don't know the difference between they're/their/there and your/you're. It's very simple, really people its not that hard.
  • Alberta drivers (no offence, and I know not all are bad drivers!)...I thought drivers in Ontario were bad, but than I moved here. My grandma drives better....this is going to be a sub-category, and some are the same as Leigh's.
    -they don't let you merge. They sit in right hand lane when people need to merge, and they don't speed up or slow down...oblivious that there are people merging! In Ontario, we leave the right hand lane when people are trying to merge.
    -left hand lane highway drivers: In Ontario, this is a passing lane. Meaning you do not pull into this lane and drive 20km under the speed limit, nor are transport trucks allowed to drive in this lane
    -slow highway drivers in general. They are in abundance. So much so that often there are 3 of them driving abreast all 3 lanes going under the speed limit and no one can pass.
    -drivers who pull in front of you, although there is no one behind them, going way slower than you were causing you to have to slam on your breaks so you don't rear-end them.
    -drivers who don't turn on their lights...when its dark, when its foggy, when its raining, when its dusk, etc.

    (I am aware people do this in Ontario too, it just seems to happen more often here)

  • guys who walk around with pants hanging down to their knees, boxers showing. Seriously, why?! This does not look good. Really, it doesn't.
  • People who litter and can't walk the few extra steps to a garbage can
  • People who park in handicap spaces....I've been with a family member who needs handicap parking and has been unable to find a spot before.
  • Pedestrians. I know they have right of way, but that does not give them the right to walk in the middle of the road in a parking lot, oblivious to the car following slowly behind who can't get past them. Move to the side at least. Also, look before you walk out onto the road
  • People who are out to dinner, and sit texting to other people and ignore the person they are with. Its just rude.
What are some of your pet peeves?

2 comments:

  1. I forgot about people who litter when their is a garbage can close by. So annoying. That or people who just leave their empty coffee cups on store shelves. Gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my biggest ones is when people go to the counter at a grocery store, take their bags, and then leave the cart/basket for the cashier instead of putting it away when they're done.

    When I'm in cruise control and have to get out of cruise control because somebody passes me and then slows down to the point where I have to pass them again!

    ReplyDelete