Thursday, November 17, 2011

oh oh

(First of all, I wanted to post this last Thursday on the 17th, but I was having troubles uploading the pics from my new camera. And then I was just busy this weekend. But thanks to everyone for helping me to figure it out! Turns out the pics were too big to upload, so I had to resize them. I'll have to fiddle around with the settings on my camera. They did however upload fine to facebook.)

I have been wanting to put up Christmas decorations. But I've been having trouble trying to find a way that works with Anna. You see, she has figured out how to jump up on the counter and dresser now. She also has a love of plants - both fake and silk. And any decorations. I can't have any in the house now because she attacks them with such zeal that not even the water bottle deters her. She is quite determined.

So I thought and thought...and finally had come up with a solution. I could put a Christmas village up on top of the upper cabinets in my kitchen, out of Anna's reach. Or so I thought. I heard a noise on the kitchen counter, and I looked up from my computer to discover this.....

Discovering the top of the fridge


What's up here?


Guess my hiding spot for my plant isn't safe anymore


Look at me Mom!!

Way up high on the cupboards ... there goes the only spot I had left for my Christmas village


Having fun way up high


Trying to get down. This took a few tries, and a lot of complaining for Mom to help. She didn't get down from the fridge the first time. Instead she went to corner of the cabinets and dangled over with her back legs as far as she could, slid down the face of the cupboards until she got to the end of them and could jump down onto the counter. The 2nd time she made the jump from the fridge down the floor.

Needless to say, she goes up there all the time now. She loves being up high and being able to watch everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment