Monday, April 25, 2011

weekend recap

YAY FOR LONG WEEKENDS! I had both Friday and Monday off of work, as did Stephan. Well, I still had to teach a few students on Friday night but other than that I didn't work.

Friday morning was church, we had our Good Friday service. I came home from church and we just lazed around for a few hours until I had to teach for a few hours. After I got home from teaching we rented a few movies, and relaxed for the evening.

Saturday we slept in, and had a pancake breakfast, our Saturday morning tradition! We love it :) After that we had some errands and grocery shopping to do. I made spaghetti for dinner, and we had another lazy evening playing on the x-box.

Sunday morning was Easter service at church, and then I headed home. It was another lazy day, and I spent a little time having a nap after church. In the afternoon I started to get dinner ready. I had decided to make me and Stephan a little Easter dinner earlier in the week, and had bought a small 2.5lb chicken for the 2 of us. I have never made a whole chicken before. I ended up (with suggestion from a friend) basting it in olive oil and then letting it sit in the fridge for an hour. After that, I stuffed it with fresh rosemary, thyme and sage and a whole lemon which I had pierced to let the juice slowly leak out. I tied the chicken up, which was a whole experience in itself! And then I basted it with melted butter and stuck it in the oven at 325degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes. 30 minutes before it was done I pulled it out and basted it with honey and lemon and stuck it back in. And the results? It was delicious, and very juicy! Stephan loved it, and was picked the rib cage up with his hands to tear the meat off. I took that as a good sign. Overall, it wasn't that bad to make.
We finished off the day with some movies and ice cream with fresh strawberries, and a back massage from Stephan :)

Today we also had the day off. We slept in REALLY late for the 2 of us, until 10:30. We got dressed and ready and decided to go the Science Center to check out the Titanic Exhibition. It was a little pricy to get in, but the exhibition was well done and we really enjoyed it. At the beginning, you are given a boarding pass of someone who was actually on the Titanic, and what class they were and their background. At the end of the exhibit, you got to see if your passenger survived or not.


We came home and lazed around, and ate left over Spaghetti for dinner. And now we're just sitting in front of the TV. I should probably get started on my church and choir hymns for May though...since it's going to be another busy week.

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like y'all had a wonderful weekend!! I love that y'all had a Good Friday service. Our church didn't. Sad. The Titanic exhibit sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete