So, like I said I am going to make this a weekly-Tuesday post.
Its been a very important week this past week in Habs-land, in deciding if we get a playoff spot.
Here's the recap, short and sweet because this week is just crazy and its all I have time for:
Last Tuesday - The Atlanta Thrashers
Habs won 3-1, and broke a 3 game losing streak. The most horrible losing streak EVER. All 3 games were shut-outs. Not one single goal was scored. So when Hamrlik and Darche scored 11 seconds apart, it was a huge relief. To THAT many games without a goal was painful. This game was needed to get the boys back on track. I'd like to put my 2-cents in on the losing streak though....Price is on record to play more games a season than any other Habs goalie, and the kid is tired. It shows. And it doesn't help when the team in front of you isn't doing its part either. Hence the losing streak. Just my opinion. I think they should have played Auld a little more, and given Price a rest.
Wednesday - Carolina Hurricanes
Habs lost, 6-2 :( Skinner was our end, dang kid! Man, this kid is making a splash lately. And I don't like that it was against us. Price let in 4 goals in the 2nd period (was it the 2nd?), and was pulled. Needless to say, IMO it was a defense problem. The constant defense problem. CONSTANT. Carolina had the lead from the beginning and we were just never able to catch them.
Saturday - New Jersey Devils
We won, 3-1! Man, was I worried about another losing streak after Wednesday's game! Maybe the few days rest helped, I don't know. And, we kept them from getting a playoff spot. TAKE THAT! Darche again got 2 goals, (loving this guy lately!). And Subban scored a goal as well. Gionta, our lovely captain, assisted on both the Darche goals.
Tonight - Chicago Blackhawks
We won, 2-1 win in overtime and secured our playoff spot!! Whether the team has enough steam to make it through playoffs is another thing. I think not. But I think a few years from now, with the rookies we have, we could make a strong run for the cup. Cammy scored the first goal, and Subban scored the winner in OT. Price played strong, and broke the record for most games in a season, and has had the most wins in a season since Ken Dryden (who still holds the record at 42 games).
BIG relief that we are in the playoffs! We were pretty secure before, but with all the losses this month I was starting to worry. Although it looks like we will be playing Boston, and I'm not looking forward to that.
No comments:
Post a Comment