So sorry for the lack of posting lately! I've been super busy, can't really give more details than that at this point.
This Friday, there was no German Club again. So when I got home from piano teaching, we went out to grab a movie. We had already called the movie store earlier and had them reserve of a copy of the newest Harry Potter movie, which had come out for rental that day. We grabbed some groceries for dinner on Saturday, and then headed to Wendy's. For the last time EVER. This particular Wendy's has had horrible service every time we go there. Even if there is only 1 person in line, it still takes 15 minutes to get out food. They are horribly slow. So we waited our usual 15 minutes to get our food, with only 1 person in line in front of us. And then we sat down, and I discovered they had gotten my order wrong. I went up to get it fixed, came back and sat down and they had messed up my order again. So Stephan ate my burger, and I just had my fries. Stephan was really ticked though, and said we are never going back to that Wendy's again. I agree with him. We have never had a good experience there. However, the rest of the night was good and we loved the new Harry Potter movie.
Saturday was busy. I got up early, and did some cleaning. I headed off for a choir practice at my church from 11-2pm. We have a big service coming up in July, and the head of our church is coming from Germany for it. It was our first big practice with our other congregations throughout Alberta. The practice went well, and we have some really great songs we are working so I'm excited. I then headed home, and got started on dinner. We had Gordie and Aaryn coming over, the boys had planned an x-box night to test out Stephan's new gaming system. Dinner went great, I went fancy (any excuse to cook, I'll take!) and made stuffed peppers, mashed potatoes and cauliflower with cheese sauce. While we ate dinner I popped in some apple crisp, timed to come out warm for dessert. Aaryn, knowing I like puzzles, bought me a puzzle for us to work on while the boys played on the x-box. It was of King Ludwig's castle in Germany, not far from where Stephan lives. This is the castle that Walt Disney based his on. It's a really nice puzzle. After they left, we popped in another movie. It was a western, I would tell you about it but I fell asleep and missed pretty much the whole thing.
Sunday was church, and then a choir practice after. I couldn't stay for the whole thing, as I had some appointments in the afternoon. Me and Stephan also checked out chapters, and he bought a new book. I resisted, I could have easily bought 6. My wish list grows every time I go in there. But, I have a pile of books to get through first. So no new books right now. We got home and had some yummy left overs and watched some TV.
How was your weekend?
No comments:
Post a Comment