What a weekend for my Habs!!
Friday night:
They played an away game against Ottawa. The Habs scored twice early in the first period, and Ottawa came back and answered with a goal. Unlike their last game, they did not sit on their lead! LESSON LEARNED! They RAN AWAY with the lead. They scored 3 more in the second, and twice in the third for a final score of 7-1!
Things I liked:
Pacioretty's goal. Good to see him come back quickly from that hit with the puck a few games ago. And he's really starting to find his stride. He's a big kid, and he's good. I've always liked him, and am happy to see him doing well.
Saturday night:
As I mentioned already on Saturday, this was Koivu's return game home. WELCOME HOME SAKU! I taped it because I was gone, and watched it when I came home. And just like I thought, he got several standing ovations. The camera followed him out from the dressing room, and onto the ice as he warmed up, and while they were calling the Habs names. It stayed on him the whole time, while playing Coldplay's "fix you" with the lyrics "lights will guide you home". Fitting! The fans were already standing for him before he walked onto the ice, with signs saying "welcome home Koivu". I may or may not have cried, and I may or may not have rewound that part several times. After the national anthem, he got another standing ovation.
For the Habs, it wasn't the greatest game. They were down 3-1 by the second, but came back to tie it. The game went into overtime, and then a shoot-out and we lost. Of course we lost, we can't shoot in the shoot-out. I hate shoot-outs. But, this is one lost I wasn't terribly disappointed with, since my captain won on Montreal ice.
Things I liked:
Seeing Koivu back on Montreal ice, although it was REALLY weird to see him in a Ducks uniform. Kinda sad. He has one more season there after this season...maybe he'll come back for one last season with the Habs, to retire a Hab. As it should be. What an emotional game.
Things I didnt' like:
WHAT THE HECK was with the reffing?! Not trying to explain or make excuses but SERIOUSLY.
A very questionable penalty on Pacioretty, which led to a goal for the duck's.
What was worse was the call on Subban. His stick was being held by an opponent (the name escapes me, and I'm too lazy to look it up), blatantly held (which should've been a holding call!!) and when he tried to pull his stick away, and it hit someone behind him and he got called for high-sticking. RIDICULOUS!
HA ! I love that the Habs won 7-1 against the Senators !
ReplyDeleteLove your recaps btw, they're great since we can't watch the games here :(
thanks! :D I'm not a hockey commentator, and I never played the game myself, so I do my best. But I AM passionate about the Habs :P
ReplyDeleteSucks not being able to watch the games :(