Let's catch up for a bit, since I'm gonna actually follow through on my plans to blog on my Habs. It failed miserably while I was working on my Christmas projects.
Habs played 2 games this week:
*an away game against the NY Rangers
*a home game against the Penguins
The game against the Rangers was a win, 2-1. And it was a well played game. Not horrible, not amazing. But good. Auld was in net for his 3rd win in 6 starts and played well, considering that the Rangers dominated the first period. What I was happy to see was the Habs leading the game in shots-on-net. Last season that was a SERIOUS problems, there was very little defence and it was normality to see them completely out shot with shots against them numbering in the 40's and 50's. So this is a definite improvement off of last season.
Yesterday's game against the Penguins was a DISASTER!! 5-2 loss. Horrible. I don't know where the Habs were, but it wasn't on the ice in Montreal, that's for sure! And to add insult to injury, Crosby wasn't even in the lineup last night. Price was in net, and I'm sure the French media will be waiting to rip him apart and blame him for the loss. I would like to point out that defense is to blame too (the never ending defense problems with my team makes me want to pull my hair out in frustration!). Outshot 36-22 (you see?!!).
It's losing games like this that have puts us 2nd in our division, and 7th in the conference. That's just squeaking by with a playoff spot. It's not acceptable, ESPECIALLY when we were 1st in the division and 3rd in the conference just before Christmas.
Hopefully they can pull things together so we place a little more comfortably in the conference than 7th.
No comments:
Post a Comment