Tomorrow is the day. I finish work at 11:30 so that we can drive 3 hours down to the U.S border to get Stephan's permanent residence approval letter stamped, and get his PR card in the mail. An appointment at the immigration office here in Calgary was a 6-8 week wait, and his letter is only good until the beginning of April. Plus, his work permit expires on March 19th so we need to get that letter stamped before that, or renew his work permit. So down to the border we go!
I spent the last few days obtaining and organizing the documents that we need for the border. I love the area down south where we will be driving, near Waterton Park (which I love, and I'm hoping we'll stop in at on the way home!!). But I'm also a little worried about how my very sore and bruised back will take the 6 hours of driving. Its much better than it was on Sunday, but its still not the most comfortable and very tender.
THAT being said, we are both VERY excited to have this ordeal over. Once we get that stamp, his PR card should arrive in the mail in 6-8 weeks. Finally!!
Praying for y'all to have a safe drive!! I love road trips...I'm weird!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! Congrats! You guys have fun on your drive :-)
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful! I hope everything worked out OK :)
ReplyDelete