I know I'm a day late with this post again, but I had quite a bit of stuff to get done for work last night, so it kept me pretty busy.
Friday night was quiet. We stayed in, watched some TV. I baked a cake for Stephan's friend's birthday coming up the next day. Other than that, nothing exciting.
We met with our Lawyer Saturday morning to discuss the next steps. He gave us the official approval letter for his permanent residence, and we had two choices to get that letter stamped and get his PR card in the mail - 1.) we could phone the immigration office here in Calgary and make an appointment or 2.) we could drive 3 hours south to the border. Well, we tried the immigration office, but there is a 6-8 week wait and the problem with that is that they only gave us until April 3rd to get this approval letter stamped. Add to that that his work permit expires March 19th, and you can figure out pretty quickly that we can't wait that long. So we decided that on Friday, I will finish work at lunch and we will head down to the border and get it done right away.
After the lawyers, we stopped to pick up a present for Stephan's friend. Around 6, we headed to the party. For me, it was not so great. Getting changed in his friend's bedroom for the hot tub, I came out and fell down the stairs (which were wet). I gashed my elbow open pretty bad, and my back and butt are pretty bruised. HUGE bruises, I look like someone beat me with a baseball bat! :( And I was not the only victim of those stairs, 4 other people fell down them too. It's very painful right now, I bruised pretty deep I think. Sleeping is the worst, because its just sore everywhere. I can't sleep on my back. And sitting on the couch can get sore pretty quick. Sitting at the kitchen table is ok however! I'm hoping it gets better a little bit each day.
Understandably, Sunday was quiet for me. I took it easy, tried not to move around too much. I reviewed my materials for my next course, which is starting now. We watched some random movie we bought and took a chance on (Cyclops), which was disappointing. You win some, you lose some right? Sore and tired, I was in bed before 9.
Not my best weekend.
How was yours??
No comments:
Post a Comment