Saturday I slept in a bit while Stephan went out for coffee with a friend from work. We didn't do too much, I did some groceries to prepare for Monday (I was having a staff meeting at my house, we made it a German-night and so I had lots of cooking to do), as well as some cleaning. We had some spaghetti for dinner, and watched a couple of movies .Sunday I had church, and the rest of the day was spent finishing the last of the cleaning. I did some baking for Monday, and rolled the rouladen so they were ready to go. I got some work done for church, and some work done on my course. Monday was BUSY. I was opening the school so I could get out earlier in order to get home and cook the rest of the food. So that meant I started at 7am, PLUS I had to also drop Stephan off downtown at his work. I was up before 5am, so that I could brown the rouladen in the pan, make the gravy and get it all in the slow cooker. I finished work at 4, and headed home....I still had Maultaschen soup, spaetzle noodles, potatoes and a salad dressing to make. It was a lot of work, but all in all everything turned out great. They all loved the food, and there was barely any left overs for Stephan. The ONLY reason there was some left is one of the girls had a pipe burst in her apartment, and was unable to make it.
The rest of the week is just catching up on studying...I started my next course this month, but the beginning of March was so busy that I just got a little behind. There's no exam for this course, but that just means the assignments are going to be a lot more work. Which is fine with me, I always do better on assignments than exams. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment