Tuesday, February 21, 2012

weekend recap

No, I am not writing this late! It was a long weekend here in Canada for us :) YAY!  Stephan and I both had the day off of work yesterday :)

(P.S the boys got home safe on valentines day, but they didn't get home until 11pm!  However, they arrived safe and sound, so that's all that matters :) Sorry I didn't update on that!  It was just really busy after they got back, and than I got into our long weekend and got lazy with the blog.....its a bad habit of mine!

Friday was quiet, we sat around watching TV.

Saturday we slept in and had our usual pancake breakfast.  We ran a few errands which included a stop at Willow Park Liquor store (a HUGE store here in Calgary that has almost anything you want that you can't find at other stores) to grab some Rum cream for me (think Baile ey's but made with RUM! YUMMY!) and a birthday gift for Stephan's friend.  We grabbed some groceries and picked up a baby-shower gift for a friend, Vanessa's, baby shower.  Stephan headed out down-town with his buddies for the evening, and I rented the newest Twilight movie on TV and relaxed with a glass of wine.

Sunday was church, followed by Vanessa's baby shower.  I have to say, that little girl is going to be loved and spoiled! After I got home from the baby shower, Stephan and I decided to catch a movie at the theater (this is becoming more common since we can no longer rent movies from Blockbuster now that they have closed forever *sad face*).   We caught the late show for "Safe House", and we both really enjoyed the movie :)

Monday we slept in again.  Once we finally decided to stop being lazy we headed over to Walmart and bought a book shelf we had been eying.  The plan is to buy 2 of these bookshelves to put on either side of the matching TV-unit.  Currently we have bought just the 1 bookshelf, which does not match our current bookshelf and TV unit.  So we put it up in the office.  Once Stephan got it built, I got to work on organizing.  I was able to unpack of all the boxes in the office, as well as 6 boxes of books in the basement.  The only boxes remaining are box each for my piano and oboe music, as well as the box containing all the tools for my reeds for my oboe.  It feels so much better to have all the boxes unpacked, and no clutter.  I can see the floor! And it actually looks like a room now.  What didn't really go on the bookshelf is in a bag in the office, until I can get a desk and/or other storage to put them away.  Satisfied with our productiveness, we grabbed some pizza for dinner, watched a movie and than watched our Monday night shows (while I got some paper-work done for work).

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Good job on getting some unpacking done! I hate that part of moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a productive weekend! Mine wasn't too shabby, we went to Maine and had a great time!

    ReplyDelete