Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekend Recap SURPRISE!!

I'm home in Ontario!!! SURPRISE!! I booked the tickets 6 weeks ago, and surprised my mom. My dad and my niece were the only ones who knew. Besides the house, this is also what kept me busy. I had to make up the lessons with my students before I left, and so I was working extra nights for the last 6 weeks (on top of the 2 nights I already work, on top of Subway) to make up all those lessons.

Friday I worked my usual lessons, and then we headed off to the German Club for some table tennis. Stephan had a new German paddle his dad had sent him in the mail, and he wanted to try it out. We were both off our game this night, neither of us were happy with how we played. But Stephan did like the feel of his new paddle. I think it will be a good fit for him, once he adjust to it anyways.

Saturday I got up and made us a pancake breakfast. It feels like forever since we've had pancakes. Then I headed off to church for a 3-hour choir practice. If I didn't mention it, the head of our church is coming from Germany in July to hold a service here. All of our Alberta congregations are attending, and so once a month we get together on a Saturday (everyone makes the long journey, some driving 5 hours to get to Calgary) for a practice. Practice went from 11-2. After the practice we headed to Stephan's work, he had left some things at the shop here in town. On the way home we passed the farmer's market and decided to finally stop in and check it out. We grabbed some fresh veggies for dinner, and we got 2 jars of some delicious honey: wildflower honey, and rocky mountain house honey. There were sooo many flavors to try! We also sampled and bought some Hungarian turkey sausage. It's delicious!! I made a quick dinner when we got home, and then packed for the evening. We watched a movie, and I fell asleep. Surprise surprise.

Sunday morning was bright and early! I was up by 4:15am, as my flight left Calgary at 7am. The flight was good, a little bumpy with some turbulence coming into Ontario. My dad had arranged with a friend that they were going to pick up some cupboards, and that's how they got out of the house to pick me up. They brought my brother, who thought he was coming along to help lift the cupboards. Low and behold, they drove up to the airport and Ian was trying to figure out what was going on. He stared in shock at me for a good 5 seconds before it clicked and he realized that it was really me! Surprising Mom was even better! Dad's friend rang the bell while I stood behind him, and when mom answered it he stepped aside. Mom just stared in shock for about 10 seconds, and then started stammering until she finally just started screaming and jumped on me, hugging me and jumping up and down. BEST SURPRISE EVER! It was worth keeping it secret for 6 weeks!

Sunday night was eventful! I got my belated Birthday present, a Kobo e-reader that already came with 100 free classics!
My sister and her fiance stopped by, and later 2 of my parents' closest friends stopped by as well for some dinner. Dad also called their best friends, Royden and Angie who came over with little 4 year old Allison. Mom came to the door and told her to close her eyes, and I walked into the hall. The second she saw me she screamed "Jessica!!!" and ran towards me and threw herself in my arms! I got tonnes of kisses and hugs from her. And everyone was really surprised and happy to see me. It's good to be home! Although I'm already missing Stephan!


Best line of the night:

Angie: say goodbye to Jessica and give her one more hug

Allie: I already gave her 2 hugs and that is quite enough!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic weekend! I'd love some pancakes and a new e-reader :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow apparently I was behind!! Congrats on your kobo too!! I love mine!!

    ReplyDelete