Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Catching up with the Canadiens - The End

Well, last Wednesday was Game 7 of the series. For awhile I thought we were goners...Boston lead 3-0 in the game and I thought they were going to wipe us out. But the Habs came back to tie the game, and Boston gave up their lead. They pushed it into overtime, during which Horton scored the winning goal for Boston. And with that, the hockey season ends for Montreal.

Am I disappointed? Yes and no. Of course I am disappointed to see the season end after only the first round, and along with it our chance at the cup. But on the otherside I am proud of a team which is young (lots of inexperienced rookies) who made it so far. Give this team a few years and I think these rookies of ours could really develop into a special team that may be capable of making a run for the cup!

But that depends on several things. Like if we have the salary cap to KEEP all of our rookies. Like if Gomez is going to continue to under-perform and be over-paid. If Markov is going to recover and play the same. And like what moves will be made in the trade season.

I just hope the coaches make the right choices, and that team continues to work together.

But hockey is not over! There is the rest of playoffs, as well as the NHL awards, the NHL draft and the trade season. Then there is a small lull before training camps start.

Can't wait to see what happens next season! GO HABS GO!

And, with the end of the season ends the "Catching up with the Canadiens" post on Tuesday. As random things happen throughout the summer I will post, but I will not keep it a regular post. I will bring it back in the fall when the pre-season starts! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment