Yesterday I just spent the day with family. Mom went off to work early in the morning, and I went with Dad over to my sister's house. She and her fiance just bought their first house in December. I brought my camera, but forgot to take pictures. I will take pictures later in the week and post them. She has a great house! It's old, and needs some work so my Dad is helping them renovate it. They've already put in dark hardwood in the upstairs, and painted and re-finished the closet in the master bedroom. Yesterday my dad was installing the hardwood on the steps going upstairs, and Russ was helping him. My sister and I made omelets and bacon for breakfast for the 4 of us, and then while the boys were finishing the stairs me and my sister headed over to the next small town (she lives in a small town in the country) and bought some flowers for her garden. She wants to plant on the long weekend. We thought we bought too much...turns out her garden is bigger than we remembered it at the store, and we didn't buy near enough! We spent the rest of the afternoon playing on the wii while Dad and Russ finished the stairs. All that's left is to put in the railing now!
You know what my sister has?! A pool! Kinda hoping its opened up before I go home!
The rest of the day was spent lazing around. I played on their new 105-year old restored Heintzman piano, and I love it! If I could find a way to sneak it back home to Calgary without them noticing I would. Mom came home from work, and I did some errands with her. We stopped in at the liquor store and I found one of my favourite things in the world: Jamaican Rum Cream. Its like Bailey's, but made with rum. But it's waaaay better! If you are a rum fan, like me, than this is a must have!

In the evening I just watched dancing with the stars with mom and dad, had something to eat and sat around on my computer. I also decided, since I got a good deal, to rent a car for 2 nights and head back up to Northern Ontario to visit some family and friends up there for a few days. I leave today! YAY! You know what is great about Northern Ontario Scenery?! Even MORE hills, and lakes! Lots and lots and lots of lakes!!! I can't wait! I leave at 1pm today, when I get my car. It will be great to get up there...I can't believe I've been away a year! I never thought I would leave that place.
Here are a few pictures of my lake...these were not taken by me, just found them randomly! My family has been renting a cottage on this lake for nearly 50 years. It has been the center of my life. The first picture is actually a picture of the camp I was working at when I met Stephan (please note, although we stayed here several times, this is not the camp my family rented at for the past 50 years. But we have stayed here a few times). Sadly, Yvonne who owned the camp sold it last year, retired and moved down south. :(


I didn't know you were back in Ontario!!! Welcome home!!! Enjoy our weather!!! ;)
ReplyDeleteIt's good to go home : )
ReplyDeleteI hope Northern Ontario means Sault Ste Marie. There is a boy here who will be very disappointed with you if you do not show up. Oh and we were just in North Bay this past weekend visiting so he's doubly disappointed as am I :oP
ReplyDelete