This is for my Canadian pals. Canada thanksgiving is in October, around the 2nd weekend. Much earlier than you guys in the States, in November.
I noticed while grocery shopping and running other errands that decorations for Halloween already out. Halloween....at the end of October. But meanwhile, we have thanksgiving well before Halloween even happens!
So it made me think......when did we skip Thanksgiving?! What happened to it?
For me, in my church, we don't even celebrate Halloween. And I LOVE Thanksgiving, its a huge deal in our church. So this has me quite upset, and I find it a little disturbing.
How can they completely skip over an entire holiday?!
I find Thanksgiving isn't as big in Canada anymore for some reason... it still is for me...
ReplyDeleteI LOVE how the states go wild for thier holidays though! They always show great spirit!
Awwww, how sad that it gets skipped over! Thanksgiving is SUCH a big deal here!
ReplyDeleteThe nice thing is that a lot of Halloween and Thanksgiving decorations are interchangeable. Leaves, scarecrows, pumpkins, wheat etc. They can all be used either way. So don't fret! Just leave the jack-o-lanterns behind and take the pumpkins! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving to you! :)
I noticed that with all the Halloween stuff too! I love Thanksgiving and decorating for it :D
ReplyDelete