This weekend was our house-warming party. I spent all Friday night marinating the meat and baking. We were expecting about 25 people to come, plus another possible 10 that said maybe. Saturday before the party was a busy whirlwind of cleaning and more cooking.
I have to say, we were a little disappointed with the party. Only 15 of the possible 35 showed up, and about one third of those ate before, so they didn't eat my food. And I had made 12 pounds of meat. So I have A LOT of leftovers, including about 5 dozen buns to get rid of. Luckily, the punch my cousin Rachel made went really well :) the guys loved it, and mixed it with a bit of rum. Rachel makes a really delicious punch!
On top of the lack of show-up (most of them more than 2 hours late), they only stayed until midnight. They all left early, so Stephan was quite disappointed. Only 2 of our friends stayed late, and we ended up having a great time with them so that was good :)
We both agreed that the next time we are ordering pizza and that's it. We put way too much work into the party, and it totally didn't pay off.
Sunday was a recovery day. We stayed up quite late talking to our 2 remaining friends, so we had a lazy day. I also wasn't feeling well. And no, it wasn't a hangover. I barely drank. Stephan thinks I worked to hard and exhausted myself so he made me take it easy for the day. And that's exactly what we did. We didn't leave the house, or change out of our pj's.
Monday I still wasn't feeling well, so it was another quite day. Thankfully I had that day off of work for the long weekend, because I needed it. We did a couple errands and walked around fish creek provincial park for a bit. My energy level was a bit better, and the weather was gorgeous so we wanted to enjoy the last bit of summer.
In the evening we got ready for a co-worker of Stephan's to come over. He works the same shift up north with Stephan, but he drives in the day before 3 hours from Medicine Hat. So we offered him dinner and a room to stay, rather than staying in a hotel room by himself. It also gave me a chance to get rid of some of my leftovers.
How was your long weekend?
No comments:
Post a Comment